Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today (times EDT):
1. A HIGH-ENERGY NIGHT AT THE GOP CONVENTION
Romney plunges into the campaign's final 67 days focused more than ever on
jobs and the economy.
2. CLINT EASTWOOD GOES OFF-SCRIPT
Taking the podium, the actor turns in a bizarre, unscripted endorsement of
3. ISAAC LEAVES SOGGY MESS AS IT HEADS INTO NATION'S MIDSECTION
Louisiana residents without power or clean water face days of misery.
4. COLORADO SHOOTING SUSPECT TRIED TO CALL DOCTOR
Defense says 9 minutes before the theater attack, James Holmes dialed an
after-hours number hoping to reach psychiatrist.
5. WHY THE FINANCIAL WORLD IS HANGING ON BERNANKE'S WORDS
At 10 a.m., the Fed chief will deliver a speech that might give clues about
his next moves to strengthen the U.S. economy.
6. HARVARD PROBING POSSIBLE EXAM CHEATING
The allegations concern a take-home final exam, and now the university is
considering an honor code.
7. A LAST GOODBYE FOR NEIL ARMSTRONG
Lunar pioneers will attend a private service at 11 a.m. in Ohio for the
8. HOW TO SUCCEED IN COLLEGE: SLEEP MORE
A campus-wide "flash nap" is one way schools are spreading the word that
rested students are better students.
9. CORONER REVEALS FINDINGS ON STALLONE'S SON
Sage Stallone died at age 36 from natural causes due to a heart
10. A PALACE FOR HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL
A gleaming $60 million field of dreams opens tonight in Texas. (Where else?)